Thursday, June 3, 2010

Assignment 4 of my UC Davis Class *twitch*!

















I turned in assignment 4..............


It was an experiment with two wines. Both of the same varietal and from the same winery/region but 6-10 years apart. I picked Cabernet Sauvignon. I had a 2006 Cab on hand from a past job at Creekside. Yeah, thank god Bill Donahue (owner) was nice enough to give me a 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon for my experiment.

So I opened both bottles and poured a sizable glass of both. I had to check the wines at one week intervals for 4 weeks. So I had a friggn science project on my kitchen counter! Ick... The 2006 started to grow some nasty ring of yeast/bacteria and smelled like a sewer from hell! I had to smell that glass 2 more times after the initial alien invasion of bacteria! God awful!! See above pics!

So hopefully my lengthy, mind numbing, drinking copious amounts of wine while writing it, scientific blah blah essay will get a good grade! =)

2 comments:

  1. What was the final result with the 2000 Cabernet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the 2000 did very well considering it was out on the counter for 4 weeks. It still had some initial aromas and only a faint smell of acetobactor. It did get pretty murky though. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete